• We can create jobs by investing in infrastructure — roads, bridges, transit, and broadband internet to rural areas.
• Clean energy, green jobs, and a progressive strategy to deal with climate change for our state. Minnesota can lead the way on a path to environmental stewardship. We are the land of 10,000 lakes and we need to provide clean water for future generations.
• Building an economy that works for all Minnesotans, not just the wealthy few. A level playing field provides everyone an opportunity for success.
• Making higher education more affordable.
• Investing in our families and schools
• Increasing local government aid (LGA) to help lower property taxes.
- Should be our top priority – 100% Renewable Energy by 2030
- Solar, Wind, and Geo-thermal
- End subsidies to large agri-businesses
- Encourage smaller farms and reward sustainable practices
- Work to close the achievement gap
- Make education affordable (or free!)
- Encourage two year degree programs, matching education to jobs market
- Teach Secular Ethics
- Tax the top 1%ers (the billionaires & millionaires); not businesses
- Legislate businesses to provide paid maternity leave, sick days, and vacation
- In favor of a $15 per hour minimum wage
- with amendment to protect/exclude small businesses
- More jobs related to transportation & infrastructure
- Strong supporter of Complete Streets & Safe Routes to School
- Finish the Northstar Corridor project
- Create more jobs in renewable energies, tree planting, and traditional farming
- Encourage jobs of right livelihood – not mindless consumerism
- Not the same as sick-care
- Encourage more preventative education
- Advocate for therapeutic massage to be covered through insurance
- Increase funding for Minnesota Department of Health
- Especially for mental health and senior citizen care
- Legalize Marijuana
- The criminal justice system is for those who have caused others harm
- Common sense laws to keep weapons from falling into the wrong hands
- Ban private ownership of military grade weapons
- The government has no right to interfere between a woman and her doctor
- More resources for supporting poor children and families
- Added support for foster care, and adoption options
- Emphasis on teaching Sex Education and Preventative Planning
- Automatic Voter Registration for all Citizens when they turn 18
- Felons who have completed their sentence should be allowed to vote
- Make election day a National Holiday